A warming beetroot, apple & ginger spiced porridge with an earthy beetroot hit, topped with greek yoghurt, Rude Health Spice Apple Granola and toasted walnuts. This porridge was created by Toral Shah of The Urban Kitchen.
2 large English apples, grated
1 large raw beetroot, grated
3cm ginger, grated
3 tbsp agave nectar
100g Daily Oats
200ml Ivy House Organic jersey milk
20g walnuts, lightly toasted
50g Greek yoghurt mixed with 1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp mixed spice
1. Toast the oats gently in a pan over a low heat until almost golden and when they smell toasted. Be careful to keep stirring so the oats don’t catch.
2. Add in the milk and cook over a medium heat for 3 – 4 minutes, stirring continuously, until the porridge begins to thicken.
3. Add the grated beetroot, apple and ginger and agave nectar stir well. Cook for about 2 minutes.
4. Add the mixed spice and cook for a further minute.
5. Decant into bowls and top with yoghurt, Spice Apple Granola and walnuts.