This sprouted buckwheat bread is the answer to all your gluten-free breakfast desires. There will be no need to thank us.
400 g (16 oz) buckwheat flour
350 ml (10½ fl oz) lukewarm water
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tsp dried yeast
2 tsp rapadura sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Add the yeast and sugar into the water. Mix well and leave for 10 minutes for the yeast to activate.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and add the coconut oil. Beat well until the mixture is frothy.
- Put the flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Sprinkle on the salt and add in the egg mixture, the vinegar and the yeast/water mix. Stir well with a spoon until you have a thick batter which drops sluggishly off the spoon.
- Pour the batter into a lightly-greased 22cm x 11cm loaf tin. Spread evenly into the tin. Cover with oiled film in a warm place to allow the mixture to rise.
- Once the mixture has risen, bake at 190°C for 25-30 minutes.