These sweet, chewy and chocolatey treats, from Aduna are a hit with chocolate lovers of all ages. Using natural nut butter, they are healthy but still super indulgent.
1 1/2 tbsp Aduna Super-Cacao Powder
2 1/2-3 cups Rude Health Puffed Brown Rice
1/2 cup brown rice syrup or honey
3/4 cup almond butter/natural peanut butter
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1 tsp vanilla extract
good pinch of salt (if nut butter is unsalted)
1/3 cup Aduna Super-Cacao Powder
2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
1/3 cup coconut oil
pinch of salt
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt together the almond butter, brown rice syrup, vanilla and salt.
- Sieve in the cacao powder and stir until combined.
- Pour the puffed brown rice into a large bowl – start with 2 1/2 cups you can always add more after if needed.
- Pour the wet cacao-almond butter mixture over the puffed brown rice and stir coating the puffed rice fully. If very sticky, add an extra spoonful (up to 1/2 cup more) of puffed brown rice.
- Next, stir in the chopped almonds.
- Press the mixture firmly and evenly into a parchment lined baking tin and put in the fridge while you make the chocolate topping.
- Combine the Super-Cacao, maple syrup, coconut oil and salt in a small pan over medium heat until you have a runny chocolate sauce.
- Leave to thicken slightly for around 5 minutes and then drizzle over the crispy treats.
- Return the chocolate covered crispy square to fridge to firm up for at least an hour before serving.
- Once chilled, cut into squares and enjoy.