Do you like raisins? How about a date…?
Forget tall, dark and handsome, I like mine golden and fruity, with crispy corners and chewy dates. Yup, you’re in for a treat. Don’t believe me? The proof is in the pudding.
Date, Oat and Pumpkin Seed Flapjacks
- 1 box of Rude Health Fruity Date Porridge (feel free to experiment with your choice of porridge – our 5 Grain 5 Seed Porridge adds a particularly satisfying crunch)
- 250g salted butter
- 150g light soft brown sugar
- 7 tsp golden syrup
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 vanilla pod (scraped of its seeds)
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line a small baking tray with grease proof paper.
- In a large saucepan add the butter, sugar and golden syrup and heat over a medium heat until all the butter has melted and the mixture starts to bubble.
- Remove from the heat, and add the cinnamon and vanilla seeds and give it a good old mix.
- Add the porridge oats and pumpkin seeds, stir until very well coated and combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking tray and press down so that it has a level top.
- Cook until it just starts to colour and become golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.