Get creative with the kids this Christmas with these gooey Honey Spelt Crispy Cakes. This recipe is a guest piece by First Hand Experiences, a collection of former primary teachers, workshop leaders, artists, dramatists, musicians and chefs. They provide camps, clubs and sleep away adventures for children that celebrate the natural world through whole food and the arts. Great stuff.
Honey Spelt Crispy Cakes
- 70g Rude Health Honey Spelt Puffs
- 170g of Almond or Peanut Butter
- 1/2 a ripe banana
- 4 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Mix together the nut butter, honey and coconut oil in a pan and heat gently.
- Once it starts to go runny, pour it into a blender with the banana and cinnamon and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture over the Honey Spelt Puffs and stir until they are all covered.
- Place the mixture into a baking tray and freeze for an hour or two.
- Cut into whatever shapes you like and serve.