They’re great for breakfast, snacking or an after dinner treat. Recipe contributed by Mandy of Sneaky Veg Blog.
Ingredients (makes abour 20 squares)
- 20g coconut oil
- 110g honey or maple syrup
- 100g Rude Health Honey Spelt Puffs
- 70g ground almonds
- 75g dried fruit – I used dried cherries
- 40g raisins
- 50g cacao nibs or chocolate chips – optional
1. Grease a 20x30cm baking tray and line with baking paper.
2. Heat the coconut oil and honey together in a small pan over a low heat until the coconut oil has melted. Allow to cool a little.
3. Place all the other ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir.
4. Pour the coconut oil and honey mixture over the top and stir well until thoroughly combined.
5. Tip into the prepared baking tray and smooth out with the back of a wooden spoon.
6. Freeze for an hour, then remove from the freezer and cut into squares or bars. Transfer to a Tupperware dish with a lid and store in the freezer.