For a refreshing alternative to the traditional latte, give this Indian-inspired recipe a whirl. This one uses darjeeling tea to give it a wonderfully aromatic authenticity. You’ll be coming back for more.
Quick and Easy Iced Hazelnut Chai Latte
- cinnamon stick 1
- vanilla pod 1/2, sliced lengthwise
- ginger 2cm, peeled and sliced
- cardamom pods 6
- cloves 6
- black peppercorns 1 tsp
- tea bags 2, preferably darjeeling
- coconut palm sugar 40g
- hazelnut milk 500ml
- Add 500ml of water, the cinnamon, vanilla, ginger, cardamom, cloves and peppercorns to a saucepan and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered.
- Remove from the heat, add the tea bags and let these steep for 3 minutes. Remove the tea bags and stir in the coconut the coconut sugar has dissolved, strain out the spices and chill until cool. When ready to serve, mix in the hazelnut milk. Serve with ice.