This fabulous Mine Pie Porridge recipe was kindly given to us by Alice from Trekstock to support the Rude Health Porridge Championships. Alice is the Community Fundraiser at Trekstock, a charity supporting young people with cancer. She looks after all of their wonderful Ambassadors and helps to raise vital funds for the work they do.
Alice claims her experience in porridge making is rather limited, but with her passion for cooking and a little bit of practice she rustled up something pretty special at the Rude Health London Porridge Championships.
100g Porridge Oats
50 ml milk
zest of 1 orange and a squeeze of the juice
1 tsp mixed spice
1. Bring water to the boil
2. Add porridge oats and turn down the heat
3. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes, stir occasionally
4. Add the orange zest and juice along with the mixed spice
5. Warm mincemeat in a separate pan and add to the porridge, saving a little to put on top
6. Serve with brandy butter on the side