How to make Miso, Barley Porridge with Winter Greens and Fried Egg
We’re like you. We don’t think porridge should just be a breakfast thing. So, we’ve created a savoury miso barley porridge that you can enjoy any time of the day. In peace. #porridgefordinner
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 50g Rude Health Naked Barley flakes
- 50g Rude Health Daily Porridge Oats
- 500ml water
- 2-3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 large handfuls (approx 160g) winter greens, finely sliced
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 ½ tbsp brown miso
- 2 tsp nigella seeds, toasted
- Purple shiso to garnish (optional)
- Kimchi or fermented radishes, to garnish (optional)
- Bring the oats, barley flakes and water to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Heat a frying pan and add a splash of oil. Fry the onions for a minute or so then add the greens fry until the edges of the greens are slightly crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add another splash oil and crack the eggs into the pan. Sprinkle over a pinch of chilli and cook until the edges crisp.
- Next, stir the miso through the porridge and spoon into warmed bowls. Top with the greens, egg and nigella seeds. Garnish with the shiso and serve with a side of pickles or kimchi for an added kick.
Allergy info: eggs