How to make Naked Barley Porridge with Maple Rhubarb and Pecans
Calling all porridge pioneers. Stay ahead of the curve and swap your regular ol’ oats for naked barley. Quick, Malty and Comforting. Top it with maple rhubarb and pecans to give your taste buds a tickle.
Ingredients (serves 1)
For the porridge:
- 70g Rude Health Naked Barley flakes
- 220ml Rude Health Cashew Drink or milk
- Pinch of sea salt (optional)
For the topping:
- 1 rhubarb stem, chopped roughly to 1 inch
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- A squeeze of maple syrup/honey
- Handful of pecans, roughly chopped
- Cook the naked barley flakes by following the packet instructions.
- Melt the coconut oil in a frying pan and gently fry the rhubarb for a few minutes or until soft and cooked through. Add the maple syrup/honey to the pan and toss the rhubarb in it.
- Once the porridge is cooked, serve and top with the cooked rhubarb and chopped pecans.
Allergy info: milk, nuts (pecans)