A deliciously creamy wheat-free alternative to traditional bread sauce made with our Daily Oats Porridge.
Small handful of cloves
Generous pinch of grated nutmeg
Knob of butter
Tablespoon of cream
500 ml milk or a Rude Health dairy-alternative
(whizzed in a food processor if you prefer a smoother texture)
1. Peel the onion and pierce with cloves about 2cm apart, all over the onion.
2. Place the onion in a saucepan, pour over the milk and simmer on a medium-low heat for 15 mins.
3. Remove the onion from the saucepan, add the oats and simmer on a low heat for a further 3 minutes or until the sauce reaches a smooth and creamy texture.
4. Stir in the butter, cream and nutmeg and take off the heat when blended together.
5. If the sauce is too thick for your liking, add small amounts of milk until it reaches your desired consistency. Serve warm in a small bowl or refrigerate for later use.