How to make Pear, Blueberry, Ginger & Barley Crumble
Fruity with an unexpected zing. This pear, blueberry and ginger filled barley flakes crumble and you have a lot in common. Dig in.
Ingredients (serves 6)
For the filling:
- 3 ripe pears, sliced
- 150g blueberries
- Zest of 1 orange
- Juice of half an orange
- 2 cm piece ginger, grated
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tbsp sprouted whole wheat flour
- ½ tbsp coconut sugar
For the topping:
- 75g Rude Health Naked Barley flakes
- 75g Rude Health Sprouted Wholewheat Flour
- 75g mixed seeds
- 75g coconut sugar
- 75g coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan).
- Combine the ingredients for the filling into a bowl and mix until well combined. Put the filling in a rectangular oven proof dish (approx 27cm).
- Using your hands, combine the ingredients for the topping, making sure to incorporate the coconut oil until you have a breadcrumb-like mixture.
- Sprinkle the topping over the filling and place the dish in the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the fruit fulling bubbles and the topping is golden and crisp.
- Serve warm with custard, cream or ice cream.
Allergy info: wheat and gluten