This Quick Spiced Apple Crumble is comforting, dairy-free and perfect if you’re pushed for time.
3 large, tart apples, Bramley are ideal
50-100g coconut palm sugar, to taste
Either: make your own
500ml Rude Health Almond Drink
2tbsp coconut palm sugar
For the custard:
1. In a pan mix together the cornflour, sugar and enough Almond Drink to make a paste, heating very gently.
2. When the paste is smooth add all the remaining Almond Drink, heat and whisk to mix.
Or: use custard powder mixed with Rude Health Almond Drink.
For the crumble:
1. Peel, core and slice the apples, or chop if you’re in real rush.
2. Layer the apples and sugar in a baking tray, as roughly or beautifully as you like, and sprinkle on the water.
3. Bake at 180 degrees for about 25 minutes or until the apples are soft and slightly mushy, but not dry.
4. Top with the Spiced Apple Granola.
5. Pour custard liberally over the crumble and serve.