First Hand Experience love snack time, whether it be on a train, in the forest or at base camp. They need fuel for their explorations and a snack that is as portable as it is delicious is a must. Full of fibre, protein and good fats, these biscuits are filling, but thanks to the sweetness of the fruit, they feel like a wholesome treat. You can enjoy these any time of the day, and they even make a great breakfast—hello portable porridge.
Serves 18 biscuits
Allergy info: nuts, may contain gluten
2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
100g almonds, roughly chopped
20g coconut oil, softened
1 large apple, grated with skin on
Zest of 1 orange
¼ tsp cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
110g raspberries, slightly squashed
- Preheat oven to 180 C/Gas Mark 7 and prepare a baking sheet with parchment.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix the bananas, oats, almonds, coconut oil, apple, zest, cinnamon and salt in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
- Fold in the mashed raspberries, being careful not to over-mix.
- Using a spoon, dollop a heaped tablespoon of the mixture onto the parchment and flatten with the back of the spoon.
- Place the tray of biscuits in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden.
- Allow the biscuits to cool before removing from the parchment, as they will continue to firm as they cool.