Ever wanted to know how to make your own natural cosmetics? We did, and that’s why we hosted the Make Your Own Natural Cosmetics Masterclass & Supperclub with Made In Hackney.
A body scrub can be made of rougher material as the skin on our body is less sensitive than our face. Our body is covered in clothes most of the year, so a serious scrub is a welcome addition to a beauty routine. We will be using sugar as our scrubbing ingredient, as well as puffed brown rice.
Rice Body Scrub
Rice is a traditional beauty ingredient that’s been passed down through the generations, very much a part of Korea’s beauty legacy. Rice and rice water bring moisturising and anti-inflammatory benefits to the skin. Rice water (like Rude Health Rice Drink) is also very brightening.
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon of Rude Health puffed brown rice
- 1 teaspoon of Rude Health Rice Drink
How to Use:
- Mix all the ingredients gently together.
- Use on damp skin: scrub in gentle circular motions, and rinse with warm water – it can all be done in the shower. You can concentrate on rougher areas like feet, knees, elbow and bottom (make sure you don’t slip in the shower though!).
- As with the face scrub, keep in the fridge and used within 2 days.