Vive la France, Sprouted Buckwheat Flour, and beetroot. This galette is a ménage à trois you won’t forget.
In honour of both Valentine’s and Pancake Day, we bring you pink beetroot galettes to woo somebody special with. Or probably even better to scoff for yourself.
We’ve topped ours with fried mushroom, leeks, egg, a cabbage and avocado slaw, pickled beetroot and a sprinkle of coriander and gruyere cheese. But we’re just showing off. Whether you like yours sweet or savoury, anything goes.
1/4 Beetroot (grated)
1 Pinch of Sea Salt
300ml Fresh Whole Milk or Almond Drink
50g Butter or Coconut Oil
- Put your sprouted flour and salt into a mixing bowl, and add the egg.
- Grate your beetroot into the mixture.
- Slowly add the milk a little at a time, and beat it into a batter.
- Mix well and then leave the mixture to rest for a least an hour.
- Melt the butter or coconut oil, and mix it into the batter.
- Lightly oil a heavy frying pan and heat well.
- Put a good tablespoon of batter into the hot pan, and roll it around to cover the surface.
- Cook until golden then flip and cook on the other side.