A recipe kindly contributed by Georgie Soskin and Jo Saunders of ‘Cooking them Healthy‘. They had a bit of an experiment with our Rude Health Sprouted Buckwheat Flour and came up with a delicious crumble topping that instantly creates a delicious pudding from next to nothing. Simply roast or stew some fruit, grab some compote or defrost some berries and you’re good to go.
In the words of the girls themselves – buckwheat crumble has a delicious nutty taste and texture and makes a welcome change from sandy crumbles. Buckwheat, (despite the name) is naturally gluten-free too. What more could you want?
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Simply place the butter and flour into a Magimix, NutriBullet or food processor and blitz for a few seconds to help break down the butter slightly.
- Then add the hazelnuts and sprinkle in the muscovado sugar and pulse to combine the sugar and chop up the nuts.
- If doing by hand, simply rub in the butter with the flour using your fingertips in a light and airy motion. Coarsely shop up your nuts and stir through with the sugar.
- Sprinkle onto a roasting tray and roast for 15 minutes.
- Once golden, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
When needed, simply sprinkle over some slow-cooked fruit or compote.