A guest recipe kindly contributed by Laura Agar Wilson of Wholeheartedly Healthy Blog.
And why the sprouted flour you may ask? Well here’s why:
‘We sprout the spelt grain so it comes to life and releases its vital nutrients. Enzyme activity breaks down inhibitors, transforming and multiplying nutrients into their more easily digestible forms. Spelt keeps its most nutritious parts in the kernel, so they’re not removed during milling. So you get a flour that’s high in protein, light to bake and full of flavour.’
2 cups/200g Rude Health Sprouted Spelt Flour
3 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 medium mashed banana
3 tablespoons light olive oil
4 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup/125ml Rude Health Almond Drink + 60mls/1/4 cup spare
1/4 cup / 60 plain low fat natural yoghurt
Handful frozen berries
- Pre heat the oven to 180c or 160c fan assisted and prepare a muffin pan.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- Mash the banana and combine with the oil, egg, honey, milk and yoghurt.
- Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry until just incorporated. Gently mix in the berries.
- Divide between muffin cups filling 2/3rd full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins are risen and golden and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.