Picalilli gone wild.
60 mins plus overnight prep.
1 Cauliflower, cut into small florets
2 Courgettes, diced
1 Carrot, diced
1 handful of small silver-skinned onions, peeled and halved
1 Pepper, diced
1 handful of Green beans, cut into short lengths
(adjust veg quantities to your liking)
2 handfuls of Sea salt
3 heaped tablespoons flour
1 tbsp turmeric
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp English mustard powder
400 ml cider vinegar
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp mustard seeds
1. Place all the vegetables in a bowl, add the salt and cover with water. Leave overnight, covered with a plate.
2. Heat a saucepan big enough for all the veg and add a splash of oil. Fry the mustard seeds, cumin, turmeric, ginger for half a minute.
3. Reduce the heat and add the mustard powder, flour and a splash of vinegar and stir into a paste. Add the sugar, then gradually add the remaining vinegar and 100ml water, stirring into a smooth paste and simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from the heat. Drain the vegetables and rinse with cold water. Carefully stir the vegetables into the spicy sauce.
5. Pour the mixture into sterilised jars and seal the lids tightly. Leave for at least two weeks before opening.
6. Serve with a slab of Goats Cheese, piled on Rude Health Multigrain Thins.