Tiger Nut Pancakes
Made with Sprouted Spelt Flour these pancakes are light, fluffy and easily digestible. The Tiger Nut Drink gives an added creamy sweetness. They’re good for you, but flippin’ tasty too.
Pancake Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 cup Rude Health Sprouted Spelt Flour
- ½ cup Tiger Nut Drink
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Coconut oil for cooking
Apple compote Ingredients
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or more – to taste)
- Mash bananas in a large bowl with a fork until smooth then add Tiger Nut Drink.
- Add the two eggs, vanilla and honey to the mixture and whisk
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder and cinnamon, and then add this to the wet mixture.
- Mix the batter gently without over mixing – lumps are ok!
- Heat coconut oil in a pan over a medium heat
- Once hot, ladle the pancake batter (about ¼ cup) into the pan.
- Cook for about 2 minutes until bubbles appear on the surface – then it’s ready to flip.
- Cook on the other side until golden
- Repeat with the remaining batter, being sure not to let the pan get too hot.
- Top with apple compote, desiccated coconut and extra drizzle of honey.
For the stewed apples:
- Peel, core and chop the apples into cubes
- Add the apples, cinnamon, maple syrup and lemon juice to a saucepan with a splash of boiling water.
- Stew the apples over a medium heat with the lid on, stirring occasionally.
- Keep adding more water if the apples become too dry
Flip n’ feast.