These winter spiced plum and sprouted spelt muffins are squishy, warming and light – a perfect afternoon treat. Made with our Sprouted Whole Spelt Flour which is lower in gluten, contains more vital nutrients and is easier on your digestion than un-sprouted flour.
1 cup corn flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cardamom
1 tsp vanilla seeds
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
3/4 cup yoghurt
1 handful of plums, diced
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease of line 12 cups of a standard muffin tin. In a large mixing bowl, add the Sprouted Spelt Flour, corn flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom, vanilla and salt.
2. In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, butter, maple syrup, molasses, and yoghurt.
3. Blend 3/4 of the plums in a food processor and add to the wet ingredients.
4. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined. The batter will have a slight lumpy texture.
5. Spoon the batter into the cups in your muffin tray, filling almost to the top. Bake for about 20 minutes until golden and a sharp knife comes out clean.
6. Leave to stand for 10 minutes on a wire rack before turning the muffins out to cool. Serve warm with a hot cuppa.