Easy. Spicy. Zingy.
Think sweetcorn fritters but spiced with kimchi and made extra creamy with Rude Health Ultimate Almond Drink. Drool. Top them with avocado and an egg for breakfast or serve with a salad for lunch or dinner. They’re as versatile as you are.
Makes: 4 hotcakes
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 12 min
125g plain or Rude Health Spelt Flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 x 200g tin cooked or 200g frozen sweetcorn
225g kimchi (we use Eaten Alive)
1 bunch coriander, leaves picked
Oil for frying
Optional: serve with sliced avocado, coriander drizzle (blitzed coriander, lime juice, dash of oil or water and pinch salt), sriracha or extra kimchi.
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk in the Almond Drink until combined.
- Mix in the kimchi, sweetcorn and coriander.
- Heat a pan over a medium heat and add a splash of oil.
- Once hot, spoon in 1/4 of the mix and flatten it down with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Cook for a couple of minutes until golden then flip over and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Finish off in the oven for 5-10 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with sliced avocado, coriander drizzle, sriracha, extra kimchi and chopped coriander.