To strudel or tart? In a strudel, it’s traditional to have pastry wrapped all around the apple, hugging it from every side. Tarts are open air with the apple arranged beautifully for all to see. Let out your inner apple artist.
MAKES: 1 Large Pastry
COOK TIME: 1hr 5 minutes
250ml Rude Health Almond Drink
300g spelt flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 lemon, zest
1/2 lemon, juice
2 tsp cinnamon
1 vanilla pod, the pulp
60ml vegetable oil, neutral in taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Line baking tin with parchment paper.
2. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest, cinnamon, vanilla and salt in a large bowl.
3. Then mix the Almond Drink and oil with the dry ingredients in the bowl.
4. Roll out into a thin dough and place on the parchment paper.
5. Cut the apple in half moon shapes and put on the dough.
6. Bake 25 minutes until golden in the preheated oven.