Our Buckwheat Banana Bread is made up of buckwheat, a Gluten Free flour but it isn’t crumbly like many gluten free substitutes. Pair it with Rude Health Almond Drink in every day bakes like Banana Bread for a unique nuttiness and toasty taste.
This banana bread recipe is made by our very own chef, Jorgia van Kan
‘Probably my most used combination at home; buckwheat and banana. My friends have many jokes about my obsession with these two ingredients. Buckwheat is such a great gluten free flour. It’s not crumbly like most gluten free substitutes, it binds so well and has a unique nuttiness and high nutritional value.
Banana bread is the easiest no fuss loaf to make. It’s got a nostalgic smell of cosy Sunday mornings and mums baking.
Banana bread can be easily tweaked to suit your taste or dietary needs. And it’s delicious days after when toasted with a big smear of butter or anything else you fancy. For me, it’s a top breakfast choice.’ – Jorgia van Kan
Makes: 12 Slices
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 50 mins
1.5 cups Rude Health Buckwheat Flour
1/2 cup of Rude Health Almond Drink
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch flaky sea salt
3 ripe bananas plus one for the top
1/3 cup melted butter or coconut oil
1/4 cup coconut sugar
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
100g walnuts or chocolate pieces
1 tbsp maple syrup
Sprinkle of caster sugar
Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line a medium size loaf tin with parchment.
- Mix the Rude Health Buckwheat Flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt and set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs and mash in the banana. Add the butter or coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup and vanilla and mix well.
- Fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture and then add the Rude Health Almond Drink 1/3 at a time. Fold in the walnuts last.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and top with the halved banana. Sprinkle the top with sugar, cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for half an hour before turning out onto a cooling rack to cool the bottom.