Prep time 1 hour 15 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C, gas mark 3. Coat a 900g loaf tin with butter and then flour or baking parchment.
2. Pour the spelt flour, ground almonds, baking powder, cacao and sugar into a bowl. Split the vanilla bean, scrape out the seeds with a sharp knife and add to the mix.
3. Add the butter, coconut oil, sugar, eggs and Coconut Drink. Beat with an electric whisk until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
4. Spoon half the cake mixture into the tin, then sprinkle half of the blackberries into the mix. Cover with the remaining mixture, and add the remaining blackberries.
5. Poke each blackberry into the mixture until they sit just below the surface, then smooth over the top.
6. Bake for 45 mins, remove and scatter with almonds and return the cake to the oven, turned the other way so that it cooks evenly. Cook for a further 30 minutes, or until firm to touch.
7. Leave to cool in the tin. Serve cool, it’s delicious with a blob of natural yoghurt.