Oats, egg, cheese and seeds, these savoury flapjacks are snacking heaven. Made with Rude Health Sprouted Oats, they are perfect to pack in lunchboxes or to snaffle with a cuppa.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
175g carrot, grated
175g extra mature cheddar cheese, grated
1 tbsp poppy seeds
40g pumpkin seeds, toasted and roughly chopped
Pinch of sea salt
Small bunch thyme, leaves picked
50g coconut oil, melted (plus extra for dotting on the top)
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan) and grease a 20 cm brownie tin with parchment.
- Add the ingredients into a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and press down evenly with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Put a few dots of coconut oil over the top of the flapjacks and place in the oven to bake. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and the edges are crisp.
- Allow the flapjacks to cool slightly before slicing and serving. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Allergy info: dairy, egg
Recipe by Nena Foster