Alicia Grimshaw, life and soul of a porridge party and Deputy Editor of About Time Magazine. When Cherry Bakewell met Porridge – two worlds collided. When Alicia met Bill (a.k.a. Bills Restaurant) two more worlds collided. The result – a homely, cherry-tastic triumph: Cherry and Almond Porridge. And two new friends.
- Soak the oats in oat milk and water for a decent amount of time.
- Place the oats, 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract, ground almonds and a dash of oat milk to a pan and stir on a low heat. Remember to stir the porridge so that it doesn’t stick together.
- In a pan, place 1tsp of flaked almonds on a high heat and toast for two minutes (or until the almonds are golden brown). Remove from the heat.
- In another pan, place 30 cherries (or one tin), a tsp of water and a tsp of honey – keep stirring until it makes it turns into a jam. Should be around 2-3 minutes.
- One the porridge has turned into a thick-like consistency, put in a bowl, top with the cherry jam and sprinkle the toasted almonds on top. Job done.
Check out a brief history of porridge here.