These Chocolate, Fig & Tahini Spelt Crunch Squares combine the delectable combination of Rude Health Spelt Flakes, figs, chocolate and tahini in a quick, easy and moreish snack.
Makes: 12 squares
Prep time: 15 minutes + 1 hour setting
45g raw cacao powder
140g figs, roughly chopped
2 tbsp honey/coconut nectar
200g coconut butter/oil, melted
½ tsp orange blossom water
Pinch sea salt
A few squares of dark chocolate, melted (optional)
Sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds
- Line a 20×20 cm brownie tin with parchment, making sure there is some overhang.
- Next, in a high-speed blender, combine the cacao, figs, honey, coconut oil, tahini, orange blossom water and sea salt. Whizz until well combined.
- Put the Spelt Flakes into a bowl and pour over the chocolate fig mixture. Stir until the Spelt Flakes are coated in the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the brownie tin and press down with the back of a spoon or a square parchment. Sprinkle over the toppings, if using, and lightly press these into the mixture with the spoon.
- Drizzle over the melted chocolate and sprinkle over the sesame seeds.
- Pop the tin in the fridge to set, this should take about 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Remove the crunch squares from the tin using the edges of the parchment. Slice into squares. Store in the fridge. These should keep for about a week.
Allergy info: sesame
Recipe by Nena Foster
You’re in rude health when… you hold the world record for highest spelt crunch square stack.