We’ve teamed up with Farmdrop, a sustainable supermarket who delivers fresh food to your doorstep straight from local farmers. Farmdrop have created a mouth watering pancake recipe with a rhubarb & strawberry compote using our Coconut Drink, to support our #Flip2Feed campaign aiming to raise vital funds ensuring children are receiving nutritious food during lockdown.
No child should go hungry during the Covid-19 crisis. Sadly they are. We’re asking you to flip pancakes to help feed vulnerable children and provide free school meals. Time to flip, feed & nominate. Find out more about our campaign here.
Time: 45 minutes
300g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp golden caster sugar
A pinch salt
Neutral oil & vegan butter for frying
250g rhubarb, ends trimmed, cut into 2 inch pieces
30g caster sugar
175g strawberries, hulled and halved
Zest and juice of ½ orange
Coconut yoghurt to serve (optional)
- Add the rhubarb, sugar, orange juice and zest to a saucepan and simmer over a low heat with the lid on for 5-8 minutes until soft but still holding its shape.
- Turn off the heat, stir through the strawberry halves, pop the lid back on and leave to one side while you make the pancake batter.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre, pour in the Coconut Drink and slowly whisk together to combine, gradually adding the flour from the edges of the bowl to avoid creating lumps until you have a smooth thick batter – add another splash of Coconut Drink if very thick.
- Heat a knob of vegan butter and splash of neutral oil in a large frying pan. Once melted and foaming add 2 tbsps of batter at a time to the centre of the pan and smooth out slightly into a neat circle. Fry until bubbles appear in the top and then flip over and fry until golden on both sides, keep warm in a low oven. Repeat with the rest of the batter, this will make 12-14 pancakes.
- Serve the pancakes topped with the fruit compote, syrup and a couple of dollops of coconut yoghurt.