Creamy and fragrant…the ultimate crowd pleaser.
This fragrant and creamy coconut and lemongrass broth made with Rude Health Coconut Drink can be spruced up with whichever summer vegetables float your boat. Today we’re feeling squash and pak choi, tomorrow, how about sweet potato and asparagus. The world’s your oyster.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
For the Broth
1-2 red chilis
A couple kefir lime leaves
2 garlic cloves
3-4 spring onion, roughly chopped
2 lemongrass stalks, roughly chopped
1 knob ginger, roughly sliced
1 sweet potato or squash, bite size cubes
For the Drizzle
2 sticks lemongrass, roughly chopped
Dash of neutral oil
Handful of coriander/ thai basil
Optional extras – noodles, any soft veg such as beans, pak choi, greens, asparagus etc
- Preheat your oven to 200c and bring a kettle to the boil.
- Wet the sweet potato or squash with oil, salt and pepper and roast for approximately 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Add 500ml of Coconut Drink and 250ml of stock and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, add the chili, lime leaf, lemongrass, garlic, spring onion and ginger and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Make the drizzle by adding all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender.
- When the broth has simmered for long enough, strain the liquid and add it back to the pan. Add the noodles and any veg you are using and cook them in the broth adjusting cooking time accordingly.
- When everything is cooked, ladle it into warmed bowls and finish with a dash of drizzle, sliced chilli and a sprinkle of coriander or Thai basil.