Are you addicted to the deliciousness of life, and dumplings? Try these. A medley of vegetables, housed in a light smooth dough, ripe and ready for dipping.
TIME: 60 minutes
300g shiitake mushroom
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp ginger
1 tbsp sesame oil
60g carrot, shredded
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sambal oelek
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp agave syrup
- Mix the ingredients for the dumpling dough. Transfer to the working surface and knead for about 5 minutes until the dough is smooth. Form a ball, wrap in cling film and let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough in smaller pieces to make it easier to roll out.
- Dust the working surface with a little bit of flour and roll out the dough until it is about 2cm thick.
- Cut out circles.
- Make the filling by finely chopping the tofu, mushrooms and cabbage. Mince the garlic and ginger.
- Add the sesame oil to the frying pan and fry the tofu, mushroom and ginger for 10 minutes. Add the garlic, carrot, cabbage, soy sauce and sambal and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Mix the soy sauce and syrup.
- Bring 1.5 liters of water to boil.
- Fill the dumplings. Add 1 teaspoon of filling to the centre of the round dumpling dough.
- Brush the edges with a bit of Almond Drink and fold the dumpling. Seal the edges carefully.
- Repeat until all dumplings are made.
- Cook in the boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Finish the dumplings with the dip and some sesame seeds.