Ready in minutes. Devoured in seconds.
Say hi to a mousse that hits the sweet spot between light and indulgent, rich and sweet, creamy and nutty. Made with Rude Health Hazelnut Drink and your favourite chocolate. Lick the bowl, worthy.
Prep time: 15 min
Chill time: 3 hours
200g dark chocolate
2 tbsp cocoa powder
3 tbsp golden caster sugar
4 fresh eggs, yolks and whites separated
Optional to serve: roasted chopped hazelnuts, sea salt and/or cacao nibs
- Fill up a small saucepan one third with boiling water and bring it to a gentle simmer.
- In a medium bowl, break the chocolate up into pieces and add in the Hazelnut Drink.
- Place the bowl over the simmering water on a low flame, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- Gently whisk the chocolate and Hazelnut Drink until the chocolate is mostly melted. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Separate the eggs yolk and egg whites. Add the egg whites and a pinch of salt to a stand mixer. Mix or hand whisk the egg whites to medium peak.
- Stop the beaters and add 1 tbsp of sugar at a time, beating in-between until the egg whites are medium peak and all the sugar is incorporated.
- Add the egg yolks and a pinch of salt to the melted chocolate mix and stir to combine.
- Slowly and gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture until there are no white bits remaining.
- Pour or ladle the mixture into the ramekins sitting on a tray.
- Chill in the fridge for three hours minimum, we recommend overnight.
- Top with hazelnuts, cacao nibs, sea salt or all three.