Consider yourself a peanut pioneer like us? Have a go at making it for yourself with this easy DIY Peanut Milk recipe. If you’re a purist, strip back the recipe to only peanuts and water. If you have a bit of a sweet tooth, try adding a splash of vanilla extract or a couple pitted dates. Go, on. Live a little.
1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
6 cups spring water
2 pitted dates (optional)
½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Pour one cup of peanuts into a container and cover with three cups of spring water. Store the container in the refrigerator for at least six hours, or overnight.
- Once the peanuts have soaked, pour them in a strainer and rinse with cold water.
- Scoop out the peanuts and put them in a blender. Add three cups of spring water (or however much fits in your blender), the dates and the vanilla (optional) and blend for one minute.
- Place a double layer of cheesecloth or a nut milk bag over a large container or bowl and carefully pour the milk overtop, making sure the milk doesn’t spill over the edges. Gently wring the bag so that all liquid squeezes out.
- Pour the milk into a glass or jar and keep in the fridge. Enjoy!