Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
2 cups Rude Health Coconut Drink
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
1 – 2 tbsp coconut sugar (optional)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp baking powder
Caramel (Or substitute with nut butter)
¼ cup coconut cream
6 tbsp coconut sugar
3 tbsp coconut oil
2-3 tbsp flaked coconut
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all the crêpe ingredients until very smooth. The mixture should be a runny, pourable consistency. Leave to set for 15 minutes before cooking.
- Spread a small teaspoon of coconut oil on the Le Creuset Toughened Non-Stick 24cm Crêpe Pan before bringing to a medium high heat.
- With a small measuring cup or ladle, pour the crêpe batter from one top corner to the bottom, swirling around the pan to get an even coating around the base. Allow the crêpe to bubble and form crisp edges before flipping. Continue the process until the batter is finished.
- To make the caramel, heat the cream, sugar and oil to a boil until the sugar melts and whisk until smooth and well combined.
- Enjoy the crêpes as a stack, or individually fill with caramel, toasted coconut and sliced banana. Add a squeeze of lemon at the end for a citrus punch!