Our friends at Livia’s Kitchen got creative in the kitchen and created the fudgy chocolate cake to eat all chocolate cakes.
Go on. We dare you.
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour & 10 minutes
125g Rude Health Sprouted Porridge Oats (1 cup)
280g Cashew Butter (1 cup + 1 tbsp)
185ml Maple Syrup (1/2 cup + 1/4 cup)
250ml Rude Health Almond Drink (1 cup)
150g Ground Almonds (1 cup + 1/3 cup)
35g Cacao Powder (1/4 cup + 1 tbsp)
1 tbsp Instant Coffee (optional)
A pinch of Salt
135g Smooth Peanut Butter (1/2 cup)
125ml Maple Syrup (1/2 cup)
15g Cacao Powder (2 tbsp)
A pinch of Salt
Serves 10-12 people.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius/350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Start by blitzing your Rude Health Sprouted Porridge Oats in a blender until you have a flour-like consistency. Leave it to the side.
- Whisk together the cashew butter, maple syrup and Rude Health Almond Drink in a bowl.
- Add the blitzed oats, ground almonds, cacao powder, instant coffee powder and salt with a spoon until everything’s combined.
- Line a 7”/18cm round cake tin and pour in your chocolate cake batter. Smooth it out on the top and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the cake is baking you can make the caramelised puffed oat clusters:
- Make the clusters by bringing the coconut oil and maple syrup to a boil in a pan.
- When this is boiling add the Rude Health Puffed Oats and stir until everything’s coated. Leave to caramelise while stirring for about 3 minutes.
- When the oats are ready, transfer them to a plate and press them down slightly. Leave to cool completely.
- When your cake is baked leave it to cool completely before making the peanut frosting.
- Make your frosting by mixing the smooth peanut butter, maple syrup, cacao powder and salt into a paste.
- Get your cake out of the tin and put it on a nice plate. Spread out the peanut frosting on top of your cake. Get the puffed oat clusters and break them apart. Sprinkle them on top of the cake. Half the Nugglets and sprinkle them on top as well. Enjoy!
This cake is best fresh. But it can be stored in an air-tight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.