More dumplings. These ones are sweet. Their name ‘luqaimat’ actually translates as ‘bite-size’ in Arabic. Big bites in this case. We’re always hungry for life & for luqaimats.
TIME: 55 minutes
150ml Rude Health Almond Drink
100g all-purpose flour
2 tsp instant yeast
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp corn starch
1 tsp coconut oil
1 pinch of saffron
100ml oil to fry in
3 tbsp maple syrup
- Add the Almond Drink, flour, yeast, sugar, corn starch, coconut oil and saffron to the food processor and blend well until you get a smooth batter.
- Put in a bowl and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Add the oil in a pan and when hot reduce to medium heat.
- Form 15 little balls from the batter and add into the pan. Move the balls around until they are evenly cooked.
- Place them on kitchen paper to reduce some fat.
- Pour the syrup on top and enjoy!