Here we’ve married together the South African classic pampoenkoekies, and a best-selling pumpkin fritter recipe at our Rude Health Café in London. We think it’s a happy harmony. Make it a three way affair by adding Canadian maple syrup.
TIME: 25 minutes
- Clean the pumpkin and remove the skin and seeds.
- Grate the pumpkin roughly.
- Mix the flour, cinnamon, Hazelnut Drink and nutmeg and stir the grated pumpkin in it.
- Add the olive oil to the frying pan and put with a tablespoon the pumpkin-mixture into the pan. Press till they form fritters and bake golden brown on both sides.
- You can then eat it as a savoury side dish or as a sweet snack with some maple syrup.