This Barley Crumble is fruity with an unexpected zing. Pear, blueberry and ginger filled barley flakes and you have a lot in common. Dig in.
1 tbsp Rude Health Sprouted Whole Wheat Flour
3 ripe pears, sliced
Zest of 1 orange
Juice of half an orange
2 cm piece ginger, grated
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground cardamom
½ tbsp coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan).
- Combine the ingredients for the filling into a bowl and mix until well combined. Put the filling in a rectangular ovenproof dish (approx 27cm).
- Using your hands, combine the ingredients for the topping, making sure to incorporate the coconut oil until you have a breadcrumb-like mixture.
- Sprinkle the topping over the filling and place the dish in the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the fruit filling bubbles and the topping is golden and crisp.
- Serve warm with custard, cream or ice cream.
Learn more about Naked Barley here.