Recipe by Essence Cuisine
Essence Cuisine’s pink porridge bagged them second place. Their new restaurant in East London shakes up the plant-based cuisine convention, with an array of seasonal produce. Hosting an abundance of pretty, pink and powerful ingredients, it’s no surprise they were runners-up. Phwoar
6 cups Rude Health Sprouted Oats
500ml Rude Health Almond Drink
125ml maple syrup
1 punnet raspberries
1 punnet blueberries
60ml balsamic vinegar
75ml cacao butter
3 cups water
10g dried raspberries
5g red shiso
½ cup pecans
1 cup cacao nibs
5g red amaranth
3tbsp pitaya powder
Pinch of salt
- Pink milk: combine Almond Drink, maple syrup, pitaya powder, 1 tsp dried raspberries, and ½ tsp cinnamon.
- Marinated berries: combine blueberries, raspberries, 75ml maple syrup, 15ml balsamic vinegar, lemon zest and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Activated pecans and cacao nib crumble: soak half a cup of pecans overnight then dehydrate at 42°C for 24 hrs until dry. After, coat nuts in 30ml maple syrup and dehydrate again for 24 hrs/until dry and crunchy. Once dry, place nuts in a processor until crumbly. Finally, mix with 1 cup of cacao nibs.
- Combine sprouted oats with 3 cups of water, cacao butter and a pinch of salt.
- Stir continuously on a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add 2 ½ cups of pink milk and stir for another 5 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Garnish with the marinated berries, dried raspberries, red shiso, activated pecan and cacao nib crumble and red amaranth.