Switch up your sandwich for something more exciting, your tastebuds will thank you. Once you have mastered this simple recipe, let your imagination go wild with seasonal flavour combinations.
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 25 minutes
100ml Rude Health Almond Drink
200g pumpkin cubes
3 sundried tomatoes
50g grated cheddar or similar hard cheese
100g plain or wholegrain flour
5g fresh thyme
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C and line the muffin tin.
- Bake the pumpkin in the oven for about 30 mins until soft, then leave it to cool a bit before mashing it.
- Cut the sundried tomatoes into thin strips.
- Mix the sundried tomatoes, pumpkin, cheese, eggs, flour, fresh thyme and Rude Health Almond Drink and spoon into the tins.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and top with the pumpkin seeds and some more fresh thyme.
- Try with sweet potato instead of pumpkin.
- Spelt flour adds a tasty nuttiness to the recipe.