In the nineteenth century ‘afternoon tea’ became fashionable in England. The real devotees even changed into long dresses, gloves and hats. Enjoy these scones, a tea time classic. Hats optional.
TIME: 60 minutes
170ml Rude Health Almond Drink + extra to brush on the scones
380g all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
3 tbsp coconut blossom sugar
100g plant-based butter
200g coconut milk, full fat
2 tbsp vanilla sugar
3 tbsp strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C and line the oven tray with baking paper.
- Put the Almond Drink with the flour, baking powder, sugar and butter in a bowl. Mix till you get a smooth dough.
- Lightly dust your surface with flour and gently roll out the scone dough until 3cm think.
- Let it chill for 30 minutes.
- Cut out round scones. Lay on the baking paper. Brush the extra milk on top of the scones.
- Bake the scones for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Whisk the coconut milk with the vanilla sugar till airy.
- Serve the scones with the airy coconut milk and strawberry jam.