The following two banana breads are both refined sugar and egg free, the second recipe is vegan.
150g Ground Almonds
200g Rude Health Sprouted Whole Wheat Flour
250g Coconut Sugar
1 ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 ½ tsp Baking powder
250g Organic Butter
3 tbsp Chia Seeds
Vegan Banana Bread
4-5 ripe Bananas (over-ripe are best)
2 tbsp Chia Seeds
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 cup Coconut Oil
1 cup Rude Health Sprouted Whole Wheat Flour
½ cup Spelt Flour
2/3 cup of Pecans and Walnuts
1 tsp organic sea salt
1 cup Coconut Sugar
1/3 cup Raw Cacao Liquor pieces
Non – vegan
1. Mash Bananas with coconut sugar.
2. Then mix all the other ingredients, leave the chia seeds to soak in the batter for 15 minutes before pouring into a prepared baking tin and baking for 350F for 1 hour.
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
2. In one bowl, mash up the bananas until smooth but still a little chunky and add the vanilla, coconut oil and chia seeds.
3. Add all the other ingredients, chopping the nuts, blending the coconut sugar until fine and dust-like and sieving the flour lightly at the end.
4. Fold the batter carefully to incorporate all the ingredients and keep the air in the bread.
5. Ensure the chia seeds have rested in the batter for at least 15 minutes before pouring into a prepared (oiled or baking paper) baking tin.
6. Bake for 1 hour to 1h 15mins.