Creamy Carbonara’s light and silky little sister.
This summer veg carbonara with oat drink is a creamy carbonara. Glistening with Rude Health Oat Drink, lots of black pepper and parmesan. Carb heaven.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
2 free range eggs yolks
1 clove garlic
Handful grated parmesan
Handful of frozen peas, asparagus spears and courgettes (mini ones work well) or any other summer vegetables cut into similar sizes pieces
A couple sprigs of thyme, picked
- Put a large pan of salted water on to boil.
- Slice the courgettes at an angle, into similarly sized pieces.
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolk, most of the parmesan, the Oat Drink and salt and pepper with a fork.
- Cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions.
- Heat a large deep sided frying pan with a dash of oil.
- Add the veg to the pan and stir until golden. Add the garlic at the last minute so it doesn’t burn.
- Halfway through the pasta cooking time, add the frozen peas to the boiling water.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a mugful of starchy cooking water.
- Add the pasta and peas to the pan with the veggies and the egg yolk mix.
- Give everything a good mix, adding lots of black pepper and a splash of cooking liquid at a time until the pasta is glossy and it reaches the desired consistency.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with thyme and the remaining parmesan.