2 Granny Smith apples
Juice of ½ a lemon
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp maple syrup (or more – to taste)
- Mash bananas in a large bowl with a fork until smooth then add Tiger Nut Drink.
- Add the two eggs, vanilla and honey to the mixture and whisk
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder and cinnamon, and then add this to the wet mixture.
- Mix the batter gently without over mixing – lumps are ok!
- Heat coconut oil in a pan over a medium heat
- Once hot, ladle the pancake batter (about ¼ cup) into the pan.
- Cook for about 2 minutes until bubbles appear on the surface – then it’s ready to flip.
- Cook on the other side until golden
- Repeat with the remaining batter, being sure not to let the pan get too hot.
- Top with apple compote, desiccated coconut and extra drizzle of honey.
For the stewed apples:
- Peel, core and chop the apples into cubes
- Add the apples, cinnamon, maple syrup and lemon juice to a saucepan with a splash of boiling water.
- Stew the apples over a medium heat with the lid on, stirring occasionally.
- Keep adding more water if the apples become too dry
Flip n’ feast.
Read this to learn all you need to know about Tiger Nut Milk.