Try the Rude Health’s Porridge Championships winning bowl of porridge with this spoon lickingly good recipe by Ally Head & Polly Sayer from Women’s Health.
Umami bacon, chive and dulse oats, topped with a soft-boiled egg.
1 Clarence court egg
50g bacon lardons
200ml fresh chicken stock
2 handfuls of spinach
1 bunch of chives, chopped
A pinch of dulse
Ground black pepper
- In a dry frying pan, cook the bacon lardons.
- Remove the bacon lardons from pan and add the oats and half the chicken stock.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, adding splashes of the rest of the chicken stock when necessary. When the oats are cooked through so they’re soft but still with a little crunch, add in three quarters of the chives, a pinch of black pepper and the spinach
- Meanwhile, soft boil an egg in a pan for 6 minutes. When 6 minutes are up, plunge straight into a bowl of iced water to prevent further cooking.
- Cut the fat off the bacon lardons and mix through the oat mixture. Serve in a flat bowl plate, top with the soft-boiled egg, cut in half and sprinkle with dulse and sea salt to serve.