Recipe by: Dale Berning Sawa
150g tsubuan sweet red bean paste
Soy sauce, to taste
250ml whole milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp salted butter
Black sesame seeds, toasted
Dark brown muscovado sugar
- In a heatproof bowl, mix the red bean paste with 1 tbsp boiling water and a dash of soy sauce, to taste – you want to balance out the sweetness.
- In a measuring jug, whisk together the milk with the vanilla essence and 250ml water.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, over a low heat, toast the Daily Oats in the butter, stirring continuously to ensure they do not burn. When fragrant, slowly pour in the milk mixture and stir steadily for 4-5 minutes, until thick and creamy.
- Gently fold half the red bean paste into the porridge, without over-mixing – you want it to marble.
- Share between two thick, deep ceramic bowls. Top with a dollop of the remaining red bean paste and a drizzle of double cream. Finish with a scattering of black sesame seeds, another of sugar and a few raspberries.