Tracing the exact origin of Baba Ghanoush is like trying to go ice skating with your feet tied together. It’s tough. Lebanon however is one of itsfamed homelands.
TIME: 40 minutes
100ml Rude Health Oat Drink
1 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves of garlic
Juice of 1 lemon
3 tbsp tahini
3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, plus extra for garnish
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground cumin
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C. Cut the eggplants in half and brush the cut sides with the olive oil.
- Place the eggplants on the oven rack and roast the eggplant about 35 minutes in the oven until they are very tender.
- Scoop the flesh out of the eggplant and place in thefood processor.
- Add the Oat Drink, garlic, lemon, tahini, parsley, salt and cumin and mix till you have a nice spread.
- Serve on your favourite crackers or with vegetables.