Rudely Alternative. Five ingredients. Five steps.
Dinner party dilemma? Family to feed? Need a hit-the-spot homemade meal in a hurry? We’ve got your covered in rudely alternative style.
To celebrate the versatility of our dairy-alternative drinks, we’ve have teamed up with chef, writer and food stylist Anna Jones to launch five, five ingredient dinner recipes. They’re quick, easy and above all else, full of flavour, with each one using a different drink from our rainbow range. Here’s our Almond and Turmeric Miso Ramen flavoured with Almond Drink for a naturally sweet broth.
Making ramen at home means you can tailor it to your tastes. For me, that means toothsome noodles, fresh greens still with some colour and bite, the pleasing soft texture of tofu – a comforting, but flavourful broth centred around almond milk, spiked with miso and turmeric. – Anna Jones
4 heaped tablespoons of white miso
200g firm tofu, pressed to remove excess moisture then cut into cubes
150g kale (I use a mix of purple and green), washed, pulled from its stalks and torn into bite-sized pieces
250g thin brown rice noodles
Store cupboard: 1 teaspoon turmeric, soy sauce, groundnut/coconut oil
- Mix the turmeric, miso and 1 tbsp of Rude Health Almond Drink to form a golden paste. Put one tablespoon of the paste into a bowl, add the tofu and a good dash of soy sauce and toss to coat, leave to sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour a tablespoon of oil into a pan and stir-fry the kale until it’s crisp around the edges and has softened a little. Season with a good pinch of salt and scoop from the pan into a bowl. Put the pan back on the heat, add a little more oil and fry the tofu until golden.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water according to their packet instructions, drain and divide between four serving bowls.
- While the noodles are cooking, gently heat the almond milk in a large saucepan until just about to come to the boil then take it off the heat and stir in the remaining turmeric miso paste.
- Ladle the broth over the noodles and top the bowls with the crispy kale and tofu. If you like, finish with some of the add ons for an extra layer of flavour.
To Finish (optional): finely sliced spring onions, fresh or dried red chilli, coriander, lime.