No one’s ever said no to eggnog. This dairy-free version made with Rude Health Cashew Drink is lighter with a subtle sweetness strikes the perfect balance between nice and naughty (hello, brandy).
Makes: Approx. 2.4L
Prep time: 25 mins + 3 hours chilling time
Allergy info: nuts, eggs
Recipe by Nena Foster
You’re a rude elf when… your eggnog brings all the boys to the yard.
800ml Rude Health Cashew Drink
6 eggs or 12 tbsp of aquafaba
130g set honey or coconut nectar
130g maple syrup
300ml cashew cream (160g of cashews, soaked + 160 ml water)
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla extract
Extra nutmeg for grating
1. Separate the eggs into different bowls. Whisk together the honey, maple syrup and egg yolks until smooth and frothy. Next, pour the brandy into the egg mixture and let this sit for about an hour.
2. Next, make the cashew cream by whizzing together the drained cashews with water and a pinch of salt in a high-speed blender. Adjust the water if needed, adding more to thin it out.
3. Whisk the Cashew Drink, cream, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon into the egg mixture, or just whisk with the brandy/cognac if you are not using eggs, and put this in the refrigerator to chill for 1-2 hours.
4. When the milk has chilled, whisk your egg whites or aquafaba with a pinch of sea salt to form stiff peaks and fold these into the boozy milk. Check the flavour and adjust with more brandy or spices, if you wish.
5. Return to the fridge and chill before serving. Serve chilled with an extra grating of nutmeg.