You’re in rude health when…you share dinner, not data. At Rude Health, we do everything to protect and respect your privacy.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website (www.rudehealth.com) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you subscribe to our newsletter, place an order on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number, financial and credit card information.
- Financial transactions relating to our website and services are processed by our payment services provider, Worldpay. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site, we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for’, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call us.
How we collect your information
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us: We collect your information when you fill in forms on our website or when you correspond with us by phone or email. This includes the information you enter when placing an order or enter one of our competitions. We may also collect your information when you sign up for our newsletter or competitions in person either at a trade show or other similar event.
- Information we collect about you: We collect information about you when you visit our website to further our legitimate interest in monitoring and improving our website and services. We are committed to making sure our customers receive the best possible experience every time they visit us.
Any information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Why do we collect your information
- Information you give us: The reason we collect the information you give to us is that it helps us to fulfil your orders and provide you with information which you have requested we send to you, such as our newsletter. For example, we need your address to know where to deliver your products. We only store this information with your consent, which you provide when you fill in your information on our website or in person. You have the option to withdraw your consent at any time, see below for more information.
- Information we collect about you: We collect information about you when you visit our website to further our legitimate interest of monitoring and improving our website and services. We are committed to making sure our customers receive the best possible experience every time they visit us.
Under data protection law, you have various rights regarding the information we hold about you. This is a summary of the main rights you have:
- The right to access: you have the right obtain confirmation that your personal information is being processed and receive a copy of this information. This information will be provided to you for free, however, additional requests may be subject to a reasonable charge.
- The right to rectification: you have the right to have any inaccurate information we store about you corrected, or any incomplete information completed.
- The right to erasure: in certain circumstances, you have the right to have your information deleted without delay. This includes where you withdraw your consent, or it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we collected it. However, this right is excluded where your information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- The right to restrict processing: in certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict the processing of your information. This applies where:
- there may be issues with the accuracy of the information we hold about you;
- processing has been unlawful;
- data is no longer needed but we need the information in relation to a legal claim;
- or you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to us processing your information on grounds relating to your circumstances. If you object, we will stop processing your information unless we can show legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims.
- The right to data portability: you have the right to have your information transferred to a different controller in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable and interoperable format if the information is automated and was collected with your consent or for the performance of a contract. This right will not apply if it impacts the rights and freedoms of others.
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority: you may complain to a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your information breaches data protection laws.
- The right to withdraw consent: you have the right to withdraw consent to us storing and processing your information.
You can exercise any of the rights listed above by contacting us here.